Conserving our natural resources and open spaces is essential for protecting our clean water and air and places to hunt, fish and play.
For the land owner
- Helps protect land for future generations.
- Peace of mind that the land’s special features will be protected forever.
- You can still own, live on, recreate, farm, sell and pass on the land while keeping it protected.
- Financial benefits for you and your heirs– potential reduction in income, property and estate taxes.
For you and the community
- ECONOMIC + HEALTH BENEFITS FOR ALL. Open spaces increase exercise and improve community health, enhance overall quality of life and emotional wellbeing, attract businesses to our communities and increase the value of our property.
- PROTECTION OF OUR WAY OF LIFE + THE BEAUTY OF TENNESSEE. Conservation Easements encourage private landowners to voluntarily protect valuable land that makes up the history, unique heritage and scenic landscapes of our beautiful state.
- COST EFFICIENT CONSERVATION. Conservation agreements provide the public benefits at a fraction of the cost of an outright purchase of lands for conservation.
Resources to learn more about the benefits of land conservation
- The Land Trust Alliance, “Why conserve land?”
- Example of economic impact: Babson Center for Global Commerce at the University of the South (Sewanee), The Community + Economic Impact of The Mountain Goat Trail
If you would like to discuss your land or have questions, we’d love to speak with you. Send us your questions and comments below…